Are the wedding bells about to ring? Congratulations! There is nothing better than getting proposed to and starting a new journey in your life.
But amid wedding preparations, it can be quite challenging to find a ring that fits you. Especially if you are getting a custom ring made, you need to know your size.
Here’s are four ways to measure your ring size at home:
- Use a string and wrap it snugly around your finger. Make a point using a marker on the part of the string where it completes the circle. Place the string parallel to a ruler and measure its length. Then, use a ring chart to determine your ring size.
- Print a ring sizer and place the ring that fits on your left hand’s fourth finger against the circle on the paper. Determine the circle on which your ring fits properly.
- Print a paper strip having tape measurements, place it around your finger, and fix its tip. Determine the size where the tip lies.
- Place the ring you usually wear on a soap bar to create a mold. Use a ring sizer to measure its size or take it to a jeweler.
The following blog highlights how you can measure your ring size at home and a ring size chart to find the perfect ring.
So stick with us and read on.
We’ll start with the step-by-step process of measuring your ring size with a string.
1. Wrap a string around your finger
Take a string or a piece of paper and snug it around the base of your finger. Make sure the paper or string is not wrapped too tightly around the finger.
Doing so will cause problems when you slide your ring over the knuckles. Your fingers can also swell over time, which is why it is crucial to keep a little room.
Ensure that your string is not too stretchy.
2. Mark a point
Once the string completes a circle on your finger’s base, use a marker to mark the point on both edges of the string.
The string should not be too loose at this point. You can ask your partner or friend to help you out at this stage.
You can also measure a couple of times to ensure that you’re doing it correctly.
3. Measure the length
Take a ruler and place the string parallel to it. One marked point of the string should start at the zero mark. Notice at what length the other mark lies. The distance between the two marks is your finger’s circumference.
You can also use a tape measure to measure the circumference. Make sure the string and tape measure are straight, so you are taking accurate measurements.
4. Use a ring conversion chart
Once you have your finger’s circumference, use a ring conversion chart to determine your ring size. If your ring circumference is between two sizes, go for the larger size.
Here is a free ring conversion chart you can use:
3 more ways to measure your ring size at home
There are other ways to measure your ring size at home as well. They are described below:
1. Use a printable ring sizer
Download and print a ring sizer and pick a ring that fits your fourth finger on the left hand. Place the ring on the circles, finding the circle that matches the size of the ring.
The ring sizer chart measures the inside edges of the ring that fits your fourth finger.
If the ring size is between two sizes, you should choose the larger size.
2. Use a printable paper strip ring size
Download and print a paper strip ring size and wear it on your finger. Wear it on the finger that will wear the ring.
Cut the ring size and open the slot where it is marked. Then, with the numbers facing outward, slip the tip of this sizer via the slot. Then, place the sizer on the ring finger and pull it tight to read the finger size.
Just like a printable ring sizer, you can use a printable string ring. It works like a tape measure and has specific ring metrics.
Make sure it is not pulled too tightly, as it can affect the ring size you measure. If the ring lies between two sizes, then you should go with the larger ring size.
3. Use a bar of soap
Press the ring you usually wear on a bar of soap. This will create a mold for your ring. Then, use the paper strip method to measure the size of the ring mold.
You can also take the soap to a jeweler to help you determine the size of the ring.
Is there an app to measure ring size?
There are few applications to help you measure your ring size. For instance, Hitched allows you to measure the ring size by placing your finger on the phone screen. You adjust the size lines to measure your finger and then let the app calculate your size.
But it is always better to measure your ring size using a manual method that can give you a more accurate measurement.
Measure your ring size at home using a string, a printable ring sizer, a printable paper strip, or a bar soap. Here’s a summary of the process to measure with these four items.
- Wrap a string around your finger and mark the point where it completes the circle around the base of your finger. Place the string parallel to a ruler and measure its length. You can then determine your ring size by using a ring chart.
- Download and print a ring sizer. Then, take a ring that fits your left hand’s fourth finger. Place it against the circle on the paper and see which circle the ring fits properly.
- Download and print a paper strip having tape measurements and place it around your finger. Determine the size where the tip lies.
- Take a soap bar and place your ring on it. Create a mold of the ring, which you can then measure using the ring sizer printable or take it to the jeweler for measurements.
Measuring your ring size is crucial, especially if you want a custom ring made.
At Jewelers Connect, you can get more ideas on measuring and choosing your ideal ring properly. You can also speak with jewelers who can help you create your dream ring.
Connect with a trusted and skilled jeweler without leaving your home, only on Jewelers Connect.